Christmas canapés of anchovies with mussel cream and piquillo peppers
December is coming and in Serrats we continue to warm up our engines for Christmas with ideas of canned fish canapés. Today we share with you Lucía’s second proposal, in which she takes advantage of the mussel cream she prepared for the trio of tartlets that we posted last week. A great idea to take advantage of time and resources, great for these dates.
We encourage you to eat them! Moreover, if you also usually prepare other canapés with canned fish with which you always succeed, you can do like Lucía and send them to our special Christmas contest.
- Rusks with raisins
- Cantabrian anchovies
- Diced goat cheese
- Piquillo pepper mousse
- Cream cheese spread
- Cayenne powder - (optional)
- Tabasco Chipotle - (optional)
- Prepare the mussel cream: beat the mussels with the cream cheese and mix with a little amount of mayonnaise (as in the tartlet recipe).
- Spread the mussel cream over half of the rusks and the piquillo mousse over the rest.
- Add an anchovy fillet over the creams.
- If you like spicy, you can add a few drops of chipotle tabasco on the piquillo ones and sprinkle cayenne powder on the mussels.
Another quick and delicious idea, thank you Lucia!
If you like this recipe, you can make it at home with:
Mussels 120 g can
Large Mussels carefully selected by “Serrats” Preserves, in pickled sauce and packaged in a can.Buy
Cantabrian anchovies in olive oil. 50 g tin
Cantabrian anchovies fillets, carefully selected by Conservas Serrats, covered with olive oil.Buy