Christmas canapes: Nachos trees with hummus and mussels
The easy and quick Christmas canapes are usually very convenient to avoid spending hours in the kitchen and be able to enjoy quality time with the family when organizing a dinner or meal. After all, that is the whole point of the festive season! Iratxe sent us a surprising and very tasty recipe idea. Plus, it is super easy! In addition, she suggests to BUY pre-made hummus to make it even easier.
- Marinated mussels - (escabeche)
- For the hummus
- Cooked chickpeas - one jar
- Tahini - two or three tbsp
- Olive oil - two tbsp
- Lemon juice - half a lemon
- Garlic - one clove
- Cumin - to taste
- Salt - to taste
- Paprika - (optional
- Prepare the hummus by mixing the chickpeas, the tahini, the oil, the lemon juice, the garlic, the cumin and the salt. * If you make too much hummus, you can sprinkle some paprika on top and use it as a dip with some raw vegetables.
- Take a few tablespoons of hummus and mix it with some marinade (“escabeche”) from the mussels. You now have two types of hummus: marinated ("escabeche") and natural.
- Spread the hummus on the nachos, alternating marinated and natural hummus.
- Place a mussel on each nacho.
- Place the nachos forming Christmas trees.
Easy and surprising. Thank you, Iratxe!
Mussels from the Galician Rías. 120 g can
If you like this recipe, you can make it at home with the mussels available in our online store.Buy