Christmas canapé: «Garum casacarmen» toast with bell pepper jam
Carmen explains: “garum was a fish sauce consumed in ancient Rome. It was made from whole fish or from fish entrails. This fish was mixed with salt and left to ferment naturally for months.” However, at Casa Carmen they have their own version of this sauce, a gourmet version, in which they use a raw material of the best quality.
- Malaga goat butter or goat ghee - 50 g
- Cantabrian anchovies in olive oil - 40 g
- Pitted “aloreña” olive - 50 g
- Jam of peppers - 25 g
- Slices of homemade whole wheat toast
- In a mortar (not a mixer), add the cut anchovy fillets and olives. Crush and add the fat (Malaga goat butter or goat ghee).
- Spread the toast with this mixture and top with a teaspoon of pepper jam.
An easy toast full of flavor. Thanks, Carmen!
Cantabrian anchovies in olive oil. 50 g tin
If you like this recipe, you can prepare it at home with the Cantabrian anchovies available in our online store.Buy