Chickpea salad with ventresca
Today we bring you the chickpea salad sent to us by Ana from the blog Recetas para cocinillas as part of our recipe contest. Although we generally associate pulses with stews and winter, pulse salads are useful dishes that we can enjoy throughout the year. With the addition of one of our canned fish products (a gem like ventresca, for example), the dish becomes a thousand times better.
- Chickpeas - 180 g
- Ventresca - 1 can
- Onion - 1/4
- Green pepper - 1/4
- Piquillo peppers - 10
- Vegetable stock cube - 1
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Sweet paprika
- Chopped parsley
- Soak the chickpeas overnight for 12 hours.
- Cook them in boiling water with one vegetable stock cube to add more flavour.
- When soft, drain and place in a large bowl.
- Peel the onion and finely chop.
- Finely chop the green pepper in the same way.
- Drain the piquillo peppers and cut into small squares.
- Add the onion, green pepper and piquillo peppers to the bowl with the chickpeas.
- Sprinkle over a little salt, black pepper and sweet paprika.
- Pour over a few drops of lemon juice and a glug of olive oil. Stir well so that all the ingredients are covered with the dressing.
- Serve with two pieces of ventresca on top.
- Sprinkle over a little chopped parsley.
An easy, whole and delicious dish. Thanks Ana!