“Cantabrian style” avocado salad
Today, we suggest an avocado salad with a seafood touch from the Cantabrian Sea. We know you love avocado as you have been using it in many recipes (wraps, salads, toasts...), so we are sure you’ll like the salad sent by Isabel (La hormiga tenaz) for our recipe contest.
As you know, avocado is a fruit with tons of benefits. Besides, it goes really well with fish preserves. Isabel is aware of that, and this time her avocado salad is enhanced with Cantabrian anchovies in olive oil. And to serve this delicious combination of flavors, there is nothing better than using the skin of the avocado as a small boat.
- Cantabrian anchovies in olive oil
- Surimi sticks
- Cherry tomatoes
- Black olives
- Lemon juice
- Black sesame seeds
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the seed and empty with a spoon. Set aside the skin, since it will be used as a base to serve the salad.
- Chop the avocado flesh in a bowl and add a few drops of lemon juice (to prevent oxidation).
- Add the chopped black olives (set some whole olives aside for decoration), the sliced surimi sticks, the cherry tomatoes cut into quarters and the cut anchovies (set some whole anchovies aside for presentation). Mix well.
- To finish, fill the avocado skin halves with the mixture and drizzle with olive oil from the anchovies to enhance the flavor.
- For decoration, roll some whole anchovies around the black olives and sprinkle black sesame seeds to taste.
A fresh and yummy salad. Thank you, Isabel!
If you like this recipe, you can prepare it at home with:
Cantabrian anchovies in olive oil. 50 g tin
Cantabrian anchovy fillets in olive oil, carefully selected by Serrats, in olive oil.Buy