Canned White Tuna neck “Marmitako”
White Tuna marmitako is a classic of the Spanish cuisine. Margarita, from Entre amigos, tried to give a special twist to this traditional stew using canned White Tuna neck. The result was so delicious that she absolutely wanted to share it with all of us!
- Fish broth
- White tuna neck in olive oil - one can
- Green pepper - 1
- Bell pepper - 1/2
- “Choricero” pepper pulp
- Sweet paprika - one teaspoon
- Txakoli - 100 ml
- Virgin olive oil
- In a pot, pour a dash of virgin olive oil and the oil from the canned White Tuna neck. Finely chop and sauté the green and red pepper, onion and garlic.
- When starting to brown, add the peeled and chopped tomatoes, sprinkle with salt, pepper and chopped parsley and let it cook over medium heat.
- Add the pulp of the “choricero” pepper and the sweet paprika; Mix well, add the txakoli and let it cook for a few minutes until the alcohol evaporates.
- Add the chopped potatoes, sauté well and cover with the fish broth.
- When it starts to boil, lower the heat and let it cook slowly, stirring occasionally until the potato is cooked.
- Remove from heat, add the White Tuna neck cut into pieces, set aside for a few minutes and serve.
A traditional dish with a special twist. Thanks Margarita!
White tuna neck 120 g can
If you like this recipe, you can prepare it at home with the white tuna neck (cogote) available at our online store.Buy