Blinis with mussel pâté and crunchy prawns
Long live contrasts! A creamy mussel pâté, with some crunchy prawns covered in ‘kikos’ (corn nuts, or whatever you call them in your area) on a spongy blini (a kind of thin pancake of Slavic origin made with flour, eggs, milk and yeast)... Sounds good, doesn’t it? Well that’s the great proposal by Thais (Recetario sano). Take good note of this recipe, because it's easy to prepare and a safe bet to surprise your guests.
- Blinis - 12
- Mussels in brine - one tin
- Cream cheese - 100 g
- Boiled prawns - 12
- Egg - 1
- Corn nuts - (crushed) one cup
- First make the mussel pâté. To make it, crush the mussels with some brine along with the cream cheese.
- Oven bake the blinis, following the manufacturer's instructions. If you like, you can also look for a home-made recipe, to make them yourself.
- Crush the corn nuts.
- Dip the prawns in whisked egg and then in the crushed corn nuts.
- Oven bake the coated prawns for 7 minutes at 210ºC.
- Put the mussel pâté in a pastry bag and distribute some on each blini.
- Lastly, place a prawn on the pâté and you're done.
Deliciously original. Thanks Thais!