Basmati rice salad with tuna and avocado
September is here! For many people it means “back to school” and routines... Surely, this Basmati rice salad with tuna and avocado helps to get off to a good start. A very fresh recipe, in which Margarita (from the Entre amigos blog) uses both the loins and the belly of the tuna combined with avocado and other ingredients, which form a complete and delicious recipe
Even though it’s September, this salad is part of the salad contest. We have received many recipes within the deadline that we set and we have not been able to publish them all between July and August, so we have extended it and this week we continue with this summer contest.
- Basmati rice
- Tuna loins in olive oil
- Tuna belly
- Green pepper
- Cooked peas
- Black olives
- Quail eggs
- Olive oil
- Heat water and salt; when it starts to boil, add the small cut carrot, leave for 5 minutes, and add the basmati rice. When cooked, drain and let cool.
- Meanwhile, cook the quail eggs.
- Open the avocado or cut it into small pieces, and put salt and a few drops of lemon.
- In a salad bowl, add the onion, the pepper, a couple of quail eggs cut into small pieces, the peas, the tomato, the avocado (reserving a small part) and a little shredded tuna.
- Mix and dress with olive oil, salt and vinegar.
- Assemble the rice salad plate in a square ring.
- Add on top the tuna belly, a quail egg, a small part of the mashed avocado with a fork with the belly oil and some black olives.
A fresh and very complete salad. Thanks, Margarita!
If you liked the recipe, you can make it at home with:
White Tuna in olive oil. 190 g
White Tuna (Albacore) loins carefully selected by “Serrats” Preserves, in olive oil and packaged in the most “typical” can size.Buy
Albacore Tuna Belly (Ventresca) in olive oil. Can 115g.
White Tuna (Albacore) fillets “Ventresca” (Belly) carefully selected by “Serrats” Preserves, in olive oil and packaged in a can.Buy