Aubergine cannelloni with white tuna
Fancy some aubergine cannelloni? We do! Besides being a great alternative to classic cannelloni "pasta" (we add more vegetables to the dish, we skip the step of soaking or making the sheets, it’s a recipe suitable for coeliacs), this recipe sent to us by Grace fills the cannelloni with white tuna. What more could you want?
- Aubergine - one (large)
- Tomato sauce
- Cheese slices
- Grated cheese for gratin
- Eggs - 3
- White Tuna in olive oil
- Boil the eggs. Put them aside.
- Cover the base of a baking dish with tomato sauce.
- Cut the aubergine (with skin) lengthwise into thin slices.
- Mash the peeled egg well.
- On top of each slice of aubergine, place a slice of cheese, a layer of chopped egg and a piece of white tuna.
- Roll this together, and secure it with a cocktail stick, so that it does not open.
- Place the rolls on the tomato sauce, add grated cheese on top, and place in the oven for 25 minutes at 200 degrees. After that, it´s ready to eat!
Absolutely delicious! Thank you, Grace!