Anchovies and Mushrooms Millefeuille
David (Recetas Bon Appetit) participates again in our recipe contest with a perfect appetizer to succeed with your guests or simply treat yourself to a weekend treat: a delicious anchovies and mushrooms Millefeuille. A spectacular contrast of textures and flavors.
Although at first you think it is a complicated recipe, it is simpler than it seems; and, with David’s step-by-step explanations, there is no problem. We encourage you to prepare it at home!
- Brick dough - 4 wafers
- Cantabrian anchovies - 12 fillets
- Seasonal mushrooms - 3-4 (boletus, shiitake...)
- Black olives - 12
- Parmesan cheese
- Black pepper
Making the ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Melt a little butter, spread out the brick wafers and paint each one with the butter.
- Cover one of the wafers with grated Parmesan cheese and place another wafer on top.
- Brush again with butter, and sprinkle with oregano and black pepper.
- Cut the brick dough into squares of about 4-5 cm and place them on a plate lined with baking paper.
- Cut the black olives into slices and place them on the brick dough.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes, remove and let cool.
- On the other hand, fillet the mushrooms and mark them on the grill with a splash of olive oil. Season and remove from heat.
Assembling the millefeuille:
- Place one of the squares of brick dough on a plate, and place part of the mushrooms on top.
- Cover with another square of brick pastry, and on top 3 Cantabrian anchovy fillets.
- Finish by covering the mille-feuille with another square of brick pastry.
Spectacular game of flavors and textures. Thanks, David!
Cantabrian anchovies in olive oil. 85 g tin
If you like this recipe, you can prepare it at home with the Cantabrian anchovies available in our online store.Buy