Macaroni, spaghetti, fusilli, farfalle… We normally eat this type of pasta in salads or with various sauces. But the world of pasta has much more to offer, as Dolores proves with today’s recipe: paccheri stuffed with sardines and vegetables with yoghurt sauce.
Paccheri are cylinders of pasta which look like giant macaroni, and they are ideal to hold fillings. And if we combine a delicious filling with beautiful presentation, as Dolores has prepared for us, we have a sure fire hit on our hands!
- Fresh vegetables:
- Green pepper
- Red pepper
- Spring onion
- A pack of canned sardines
- 1 apple
- Paccheri pasta
- For the sauce:
- One yoghurt
- A tablespoon of mayonnaise
- A teaspoon of spice.
- Cook the pasta to al dente.
- Finely dice the vegetables and put them into a bowl.
- Remove the bones from the sardines and chop the fish into small pieces. Add the sardines to the bowl and mix together.
- Chop the apple into cubes which are the same thickness as the pasta.
- Place a piece of apple inside each “giant macaroni” (this will help us to stand them upright).
- Fill the pasta with the vegetable and sardine mixture.
- And now for the yoghurt sauce: Mix one yoghurt, a tablespoon of mayonnaise and your favourite spice together in a bowl.
- Place the pasta tubes on a dish, serving them with the yoghurt sauce and part of the ingredients used for the filling.
Spectacular. Thank you Dolores!