Today, we are going to present our ORGANIC fish preserves: sustainable, artisan and with organic extra virgin olive oil.
Our ORGANIC fish preserves are covered with organic extra virgin olive oil, an olive oil of the highest quality in every way. This oil has an intense aroma and flavor, has no chemical residues and is obtained from olives grown according to the requirements of organic farming.
In addition, both the Cantabrian Anchovies and the White Tuna were captured by fishing techniques that ensure the sustainability of our sea and its species. These practices allow us to make sure that our great-grandchildren will continue enjoying these treasures provided by the Cantabrian sea…
And as you know, our preserves are elaborated manually through an extremely delicate artisan process.
In a nutshell, our ECO anchovies and White Tuna offer a wonderful fusion between the taste of the sea and the intensity of organic extra virgin olive oil.
And besides being delicious, they are also healthy! Dr. Arantza López-Ocaña tells us more about it:
Properties of extra virgin olive oil
Extra virgin olive oil stands out for its high content in oleic acid and Omega 9 mono-unsaturated fats, which are highly resistant to high cooking temperatures (more than sunflower), and is a more stable oil (it does not oxidize as easily as seed oil).
Due to its high content in monounsaturated fatty acids, the consumption of EVOO (as everything, in moderate quantities and always raw) brings several benefits:
- It helps us control and lower the values of the so-called “bad” cholesterol and prevent cardiovascular diseases (such as high blood pressure, among others).
- It promotes and improves the absorption of liposoluble vitamins (vitamin A, D, E and K).
- It helps to prevent degenerative diseases such as osteoarthritis, senile dementias, cancer…
- It also boosts the absorption of certain minerals such as calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and zinc, all of which are essential for our bone health, among other functions.
- It helps to regulate blood glucose values.
In addition, in the case of our preserves, we combine a quality oil with blue fish, which, among other nutritional properties, has a high content in polyunsaturated fatty acids. Therefore, we can fill our pantry with quality processed products which are very interesting to consume for their excellent nutritional contribution and their health benefits.
All this, as always, as part of a healthy diet and within responsible consumption. It should never replace medication or visits to health professionals.