Rices, canapés, pâtés… Our Rías Gallegas mussels have been the foundation for many recipes. Even an original gazpacho! Today’s recipe is by Agustín, who also proposes two different presentations.
Don’t miss it, and if after this snack you feel like more, we recommend that you visit El bullir de Agus, where you will find many other delicacies.
- Mussels in brine – one tin
- Caramelised onion – one jar
- Garlic – two cloves
- Ripe tomatoes – 3
- White wine – one dash
- Toasted bread – 3 slices
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Black pepper
- Wash the tomatoes, dry them, crush them and put them through a cone strainer to remove the seeds and skin. Set the sauce obtained aside in a bowl.
- Add the caramelised onion, the two peeled and chopped cloves of garlic, the three slices of toast, a dash of white wine, the extra virgin olive oil, the salt, pepper, mussels (set 4 aside for decorating) and the brine.
- Put all of the ingredients in a blender. If necessary, add oil, salt or wine to taste.
- We can present it in two ways:
- In a wineglass, with a mussel inserted on a bamboo stick.
- If you want to make it thicker, add some more toasted bread and present it on one of those small trays that imitate a mussel shell, with a mussel on top of the cream, and sprinkle some fresh dill over it.
A very original snack. Thanks, Agustín!