Silvia gives another touch of class with this recipe for a snack that could not be more simple and delicious. Have you still not discovered her blog “Jugando a las cocinitas“? Don’t miss out for even a second longer and have a look, you will see that Silvia varies between great desserts and traditional dishes, including very simple recipes such as the one she sent today: some leeks with Conservas Serrats that will look just as good on your table as they do in the photo. By the way, if the spring has come to visit you and has brought gourmet muses along with it, don’t hesitate to send us your recipe, remember that a fantastic box of our products is waiting for you!
- Leek (the white part)
- White tuna in olive oil from Conservas Serrats.
- Anchovies in olive oil from Conservas Serrats
- Mayonnaise, preferably homemade.
- A few drops of mild vinegar
- The first step is to prepare the leeks: we cut off the green part (which, of course, we do not throw away as we can use it in other dishes), cut the rest in half along its length, remove the outer layer and wash it well to remove possible pieces of dirt (wash carefully so that the layers aren’t damaged).
- Next we steam them. Silvia used a Varoma recipient in a very simple manner, programming the Varoma temperature, 20 minutes*, speed 2.
If you don’t have a Thermomix, place them in a steamer and cook over a pot with abundant water (always avoid the water coming into contact with the leeks) for about 20 minutes*.
Check if they are soft by using the tip of a knife. If they are, remove them from the Varoma recipient or steamer and put them aside.
- Put the mayonnaise in a bowl and add a few drops of a mild vinegar. Silvia used one with tomato purée.
- When the leeks have cooled slightly, cut them into bite-sized pieces (this makes them easier to eat) and place them on your presentation dish.
- Add a little of the mayonnaise, a piece of white tuna, and an anchovy.
Another marvellous treat from Silvia!