There are snacks that fly off the table as soon as they’re served. And we can assure you that these little balls sent in to us by Agustín from El Bullir de Agus are in that category. Take note and you’ll see 😉
- For the balls
- For the batter
- Eggs – 2
- Special flour for batter
- Special frying oil
- Rinse the yellowfin or white tuna, so that it releases most of the juice.
- In a bowl, crumble it and mix it with the finely-chopped peppers and the onion (later, when eating them, it will give the balls a crunchy touch).
- Also mix them well with the sesame seeds (Agustín tells us that he used sesame seeds with wasabi) and some drops of sesame oil.
- Cover the mixture and set aside in the fridge.
- Using three plates, place a previously whipped egg on one of them, the special flour for batter on another and breadcrumbs on the last one. Agustín tells us that with this combination you get a hard and crunchy layer that protects the inside.
- Very carefully, make balls with the mixture from the bowl.
- Dip them first in the flour, then in the egg, and finally in the breadcrumbs. You can also dip them again in the egg, though you will need more whipped egg.
- In a frying pan or fryer, fry the balls with special frying oil.
- When they are golden, remove them, rinse them and place them on kitchen paper so that it absorbs the excess oil.
- Serve hot; if you want you can accompany them with a sauce.
A delicious snack, thanks Agustín!