It looked like it would never happen here, but the sun is shining! So after several days (weeks) of rain, we can start getting used to the idea that spring is starting this month. To celebrate it, today we have a very refreshing recipe for you: these tasty cucumber rolls with piriñaca (or pipirrana) by María de Gracia.
- Cucumbers to make the rolls.
- Ingredients for the piriñaca:
- Green peppers
- White tuna (ventresca)
- Some crumbled goat’s cheese (or fresh white cheese).
- Extra virgin olive oil.
- Some basil leaves (optional).
- Dice the tomato, the pepper and the onion into small pieces.
- Dress with the salt, the vinegar and the oil.
- Add the pieces of tuna or White Tuna ventresca.
- Cut some very thin slices of cucumber, with a mandoline or peeler.
- On each slice of cucumber, place a spoonful of the “salad” mixture.
- Wrap them as if they were cannelloni and stand them up on a plate.
- Add the crumbled cheese.
- If you want, you can add a few fresh basil leaves (it’s optional, but adds a very pleasant taste).
Tasty and refreshing! Thanks, María de Gracia!