Summer’s here. Now imagine yourself on the beach, great weather, the sun, a good temperature, the sea, the calm… and a beachside bar.
Lunch time. The blog Arroces Melosos proposes the perfect dish for a good day on the beach. The sea breeze and this rice dish will prepare you for an epic siesta. You’ll lose the notion of time and space. It’s a promise.
- 360 g rice
- 1 litre fumet / fish broth
- ½ onion
- ½ pepper
- 2 tins Mussels from Galician Rivers
- 1 clove of garlic
- One tsp colouring or 2 strands of saffron
- 25 cl beer
- Virgin olive oil
- Chop the ½ onion, the ½ pepper and the garlic.
- Add oil to a saucepan and when it’s hot add the previously chopped onion, pepper and garlic and stir-fry.
- Open the tins of mussels and separate the brine. Leave the mussels on one hand and the brine on the other.
- Once the stir-fry is ready add the brine from the mussels and stir until the broth is reduced and only the oil from the mussels is left.
- Immediately add the rice and stir-fry everything together.
- Once the rice is stir-fried add the beer and let it reduce to half.
- Add the fumet or fish broth (always hot) and some colouring or 2 strands of saffron and stir occasionally. If more broth is required add as needed.
- Once the rice is almost cooked add the mussels and mix everything well, and leave the rice to cook for 5 more minutes.
- Taste the rice and add salt if needed.
- Serve and decorate the dish if you want with some mussels or add some brine.