We just love Ángeles’s recipes! They’re always fantastically original, simple to prepare and suitable for anyone with gluten intolerance. If you’re looking for these types of recipes, check out “La cocina de Gele”. It’s packed with examples of how with a little artistry and imagination you can overcome the obstacles of gluten-free cooking and create all kinds of delicious dishes. Take a look at today’s recipe: sandwiches filled with cream of artichoke and Conservas Serrats anchovies. Sound good? Ángeles says she’s using ham instead of anchovies in many of her dishes and the results couldn’t be better. Fancy trying your hand at these sandwiches? Off to the kitchen we go!
- 6 fresh artichokes
- 1 tablespoon of Philadelphia-style cheese spread
- Virgin olive oil
- 1 can of Serrats anchovies
- Gluten-free sliced bread
- Wash and peel the artichokes down to the heart
- Cook in water with a pinch of salt and a dash of lemon juice for 25 minutes
- Drain and blend in a food mixer with the cheese, salt and dash of oil to obtain a thick, creamy texture
- Cool in the fridge for one hour. Toast the bread on both sides and spread with the cream
- Place 5 Serrats anchovies on each sandwich. Cut in half, and enjoy!