What better to face the high temperatures than a nice cool salad? Well, a complete country salad like this one! María is wielding her wooden spoon again to prepare one of her delicacies for our recipe competition. An easily prepared recipe that’s ideal for this hot weather.
- 2 potatoes
- 1 egg
- 1 small piece of green pepper and another of red pepper
- 1 small piece of cucumber
- Yellowfin tuna
- 1 tomato
- Olive oil, vinegar and salt.
- Parsley, and onion or spring onion. (optional)
- Boil two pots of water.
- When they start boiling, put the potatoes in one and the egg in the other.
- Let the potatoes boil for 20 minutes and the egg for 10.
- Remove from the heat and leave the potatoes and the egg to cool in cold water.
- Thoroughly clean the peppers, the cucumber and the tomato (you can peel it or leave it as-is) and chop them.
- Put the chopped vegetables in a bowl and add the olives and the tuna.
- Chop the egg and the potatoes and add them too.
- Make a vinaigrette-type emulsion with olive oil, vinegar, chopped parsley, salt and a few drops of the liquid from the olives. (María tells us that she puts it in a jar with a lid and shakes it well).
- Pour the dressing on the country salad and it’s ready to be eaten (if you want you can serve it straight from the fridge).
Complete, delicious and refreshing. Thanks María!