If you like contrasts, you’ll love the peppers stuffed with white tuna sent in to us by Isabel. Their crunchy cold stuffing and creamy hot sauce make a dish capable of surprising the most demanding palates. In addition, it’s an ideal dish to provide a meeting point between those who defend peppers stuffed with fish and those who prefer the pintxo of peppers stuffed with Russian salad.
- For the stuffed peppers
- Piquillo peppers – 16-20
- White Tuna in olive oil – 2 tins
- Mayonnaise – one glass
- For the sauce
- Piquillo peppers – 3
- Onion – one, small
- Cream – a small glass
- Olive oil
- Prepare the stuffing and store it in the fridge:
- Mix the tuna, the gherkins and the capers, crushing it all slightly.
- Mix it all with the mayonnaise.
- Prepare the pepper sauce and leave aside while hot:
- Lightly fry the finely chopped onion in the oil.
- Add in the chopped peppers.
- When the onion is sweated, add the cream until it thickens slightly.
- Fill the peppers with the mixture from the first step.
- Pour the hot sauce over them.
Delicious, thanks Isabel!