To keep the St Valentine’s spirit going, today we’re bringing you the perfect recipe to impress your better half. It was sent by Charo, who once again blew us away with her original and delicious recipes. You don’t have to be psychic to know what will be the first words of anyone who takes a bite of this: ”Mmmm, delicious!!“.
Let’s get cookin’! It’s hard to believe, but with just four ingredients you’ll have a fantastic appetizer in less than a heartbeat. Let’s get cracking!
- A tin of Rías Gallegas cockles
- One orange
- The juice of half a lemon
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Open the tin of cockles and drain the brine without discarding it (set it aside in a bowl).
- Peel the orange, removing the remainder of white peel, and separate the segments.
- Put half of the brine from the cockles in another bowl.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil and the juice of half a lemon.
- Stir well until emulsified.
- Charo says that this recipe is ideal for serving in individual spoons, arranging 1/2 an orange segment on each spoon along with 4 cockles (2 will be enough if they’re big).
- Dress with the vinaigrette we’ve just prepared.
- Grate a little of the lemon zest and sprinkle onto the cockles along with a bit of freshly ground black pepper.
- Enjoy the result!