A few of you are surely thinking… nougat in a starter? Nougat canapés? Well yes, my friends, because Sofía has got out her ladle and has prepared a very special “turrón” (nougat) for our Christmas canapé competition.
Take note and we guarantee that you’ll surprise the whole family.
- Yellowfin tuna in olive oil – 160 g
- Mussels in brine – 75 g
- Cream cheese – 100 g
- Gelatin – 4 leaves
- Pedro Ximénez vinegar pearls
- Open the tins and drain the oil from inside.
- Put the rinsed tuna and mussels along with the cream cheese in a saucepan and grind well with a blender.
- Meanwhile, hydrate the gelatin leaves by soaking them in cold water.
- Heat the mixture of tuna, mussels and cheese. When it’s hot, add the well-rinsed gelatin (there should be no water dripping off it).
- Mix well and pour into a mold.
- Cover with clingfilm so the top doesn’t dry out and leave to cool for two hours in the fridge.
- To serve, remove the mold and decorate on top with the Pedro Ximénez vinegar pearls.