Right after the anchovy season has kicked off in the Bay of Biscay, what better dish than some canoes loaded with Cantabrian Anchovies? This is what Iratxe must have thought when preparing this chicory salad with anchovies. Or maybe we just have too much imagination… 😉 In any event, what’s clear is that these little chicory vessels have a luxury crew.
- Chicory leaves
- Whipped fresh cheese
- 1 salad tomato
- Cantabrian anchovies in olive oil
- Separate and clean the chicory leaves. Set aside.
- Dice the tomato. Set aside.
- Peel the walnuts. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix honey and mustard to taste. Set aside.
- Place the chicory leaves on a plate or platter.
- Put some whipped fresh cheese at the bottom of each leaf.
- Sprinkle some pieces of walnut and the diced tomato on the cheese.
- Pour the honey and mustard mixture over each chicory leaf.
- Add a fillet of anchovy on each one.
An easy and tasty recipe, thanks Iratxe!