Avocado goes extremely well with our tinned fish! With Cantabrian anchovies, with different types of tuna… We can create gold medal dishes such as this idea that Margarita, from the blog Entre amigos (“Among Friends”), has sent in for our recipe competition. And “among friends” is exactly how we are going to enjoy this dish. Bon appétit!
- 1 potato
- 1 carrot
- 1 tin of tuna in olive oil
- 1 tin of anchovies from the Bay of Biscay
- Honey mustard
- To serve
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Boil the potatoes and the carrots.
- While the vegetables are cooking, cut the avocado in half and remove the flesh. Sprinkle over some lemon juice so that it doesn’t turn brown. Put the skin to one side.
- Chop the boiled potato and carrot, one tomato, anchovies and avocado flesh into very small pieces.
- Add the flaked tuna, some capers and chopped chives.
- Mix the mayonnaise and mustard together in a separate bowl until you get a smooth sauce. Mix the sauce together with the avocado filling.
- Finally, fill the avocado skins with the mixture and top with a couple of whole anchovies.
- The finishing touch is a small salad with pistachio oil dressing. You can make this by taking the pistachios out of their shells and putting them in the microwave for a few minutes with a bit of salt and water. When they have cooled down, take off the brown skin that is covering them and grind them in extra virgin olive oil with a pestle and mortar.
A medal-worthy combination. Thank you Margarita!