Wow, what a recipe Carmen has for us… Delicious ‘salpicón’, country bread and our anchovies on top. A healthy, tasty and nutritious snack. Can you resist a bite like that? We could eat a dozen of these toasties and still wouldn’t feel full. We’re a bottomless pit. Interested? There goes the recipe…
- Anchovies from the Bay of Biscay in olive oil – 2 cans
- Toasted slices of country bread
For the ‘salpicón’:
- 1/4 green pepper
- 1/4 red pepper
- 8-10 Piperrak
- 1/2 spring onion
- 1 hard-boiled egg
- Cut in Julienne strips: the green pepper, the red pepper, the spring onion and the piperrak.
- Then prepare the vinaigrette (1 tbsp vinegar for 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil), add salt and mix everything well.
- Last of all, just before preparing the toasties also chop the hard-boiled egg and add the previous ingredients. It’s done at the end to prevent it from turning into a paste; it’s better if you can see the pieces of egg.
- On half a slice of freshly toasted country bread, first add the ‘salpicón’ and finish off with one or two Serrats anchovies…Delicious!