In one bite! That’s how we’d eat the anchovy and pear toasties that Agustín from Elbullirdeagus has sent us. And you are sure to as well, so without further ado we’ll show you his recipe. Bon appétit!
- 4 slices of toasted country bread
- 1 pear
- 12 fillets of Serrats anchovies in oil
- Spinach leaves
- Idiazabal cheese
- Some chervil leaves
- 50 g of pine nuts
- 50 g of grated Parmesan cheese
- 50 g of extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh basil leaves
- Blend in a mixing bowl 45 g of pine nuts (we’ll leave the rest for the decoration), the Parmesan cheese, the basil leaves and the olive oil, for 1 – 1.5 minutes. Set aside.
- Peel the pearand cut it into slices with a knife, mandolin slicer or similar.
- Make some shavings or chippings of the Idiazabal cheese with a peeler or knife. Set aside.
- Put the slices of bread on a tray or plate and spread some of the basil pesto sauce on them and on top of that place the spinach leaves, then the anchovies, some chervil leaves and the slices of pearalong with the Idiazabal cheese shavings.
- Top off with a thin dash of olive oil and decorate with more pine nuts.
Simple yet tasty, thanks Agustín!