Christmas canapés: Tuna millefeuille with anchovies
Today's Christmas canapés promise to be a true experience thanks to their contrast of flavours and textures. Take note of this recipe by Sonia (Recetas Binisonia) and you’re guaranteed to surprise the whole family.
- Sliced bread
- Thin slices of toast - round
- Goat's cheese - (roll)
- Yellowfin tuna in olive oil
- Anchovies from the Bay of Biscay
- Peach marmalade
- Sugar-preserved cherry
- Dry ground parsley
- Pomegranate grains
- Fresh basil
- Cut out the sliced bread into circles of the diameter of the goat's cheese roll.
- Varnish them with peach marmalade.
- On top, add the thin, round toast, the same size as the previous one.
- Add some flakes of white tuna in olive oil.
- Dip the outside of the goat's cheese in the dry ground parsley and cut it into circles and add one to the previous base.
- Add an anchovy fillet on each slice of cheese.
- Decorate the canapés with pieces of sugar-preserved cherry, walnut and some fresh basil leaves.
- Last of all, decorate the plate or tray with pomegranate grains, to give it a touch of Christmas colour.
Canapés that subtly contrast sweet and salty. Thanks, Sonia!