Pumpkin flowers filled with cheese and anchovies
February 17th, 2017
If you forgot about St Valentine’s day, don’t worry, you’re still in time to surprise that special person this weekend. We suggest that you tell them with flowers. But not bunches of roses or anything like that. That’s just blasé! If you really want them to fall in love, we propose this recipe by Margarita.
- Pumpkin flowers
- Spreadable fresh cheese
- Anchovies from The Bay of Biscay
- Tempura batter
- Olive oil
- Mix the fresh cheese with the anchovies cut into small pieces.
- Fill the flowers.
- Prepare the tempura: dissolve the special flour in water and mix well, until a homogeneous mixture is achieved, without lumps and not too thick.
- Batter the filled flowers by carefully dipping them in the tempura.
- In a frying pan, heat the olive oil and fry the flowers in tempura until they are nicely browned.
- Serve soon after as a snack or as a side dish.
The most appetising “bunch” of flowers, thanks Margarita!