Puff pastry with anchovies and blue cheese
March 24th, 2017
When we see a picture of a puff pastry like the one sent in to us by Pilar, we start to daydream imagining the delicious filling that it might be hiding. Of course, although we imagine all kinds of ingredients, there’s one that’s never missing: canned fish. What filling are you imagining? Have a look at this recipe, which is sure to inspire you.
- Puff pastry dough – one sheet
- Blue cheese – 100 g
- Anchovies from the Bay of Biscay – one tin
- Walnuts- 40 g
- Piquillo peppers – 2 (tinned)
- Egg – 1
- Preheat the oven.
- Roll the puff pastry with a rolling pin and cut the dough into two equal squares.
- On one of the squares place the cheese, the anchovies, the piquillo peppers and the walnuts.
- Cover with the other square of dough and seal the edges.
- Brush with whisked egg.
- Make some cuts on the pastry so that it doesn’t rise too much and bake at 200°C for 10 minutes, until the pastry has a golden colour.
- Serve warm.
A delicious filling, thanks Pilar!