“Foccapizza” (foccaccia + pizza) with tuna in brine
January 11th, 2017
What would you fancy? A foccaccia or a pizza? Don’t worry, today you don’t have to choose, because the recipe we’ve received from El bullir de Agus is perfect for fans of both Italian dishes.
- Flour – 250 g
- Warm water – 100 ml
- Extra virgin olive oil – 50 ml
- White Tuna in brine – 2 tins
- Onion – 1
- Mozzarella cheese slices – 1 packet
- Black pepper
- Mix the flour with the water, the salt and the oil in a bowl. Mix well for a few minutes until all the ingredients have blended properly. The result should be a homogeneous and wet dough, slightly oily and elastic.
- Leave the dough to settle for at least 30 minutes, covered and without ventilation, so that it’s easier to roll it out.
- Roll the dough to taste (Agustín rolls it thin). The shape can be square or round, and it will always help if you have a mold.
- Rinse the tuna in brine and mix it with two or three slices of mozzarella cheese.
- Divide the dough into two parts and use one as the base.
- Fill it in with finely-chopped onion and the tuna in brine that has been rinsed and mixed with the mozzarella cheese.
- Close with the other sheet of rolled dough and press down around the edges to seal the two sheets of dough. You can do it with the flat part of a pasta cutter, a fork or with your fingers.
- Preheat the oven to 210ºC and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with pepper and oregano, and add some slices of mozzarella.
- Cook au gratin for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Buonissimo. Grazie, Agustín!