Cold stuffed peppers with hot sauce
February 3rd, 2017
If you like contrasts, you’ll love the peppers stuffed with white tuna sent in to us by Isabel. Their crunchy cold stuffing and creamy hot sauce make a dish capable of surprising the most demanding palates. In addition, it’s an ideal dish to provide a meeting point between those who defend peppers stuffed with fish and those who prefer the pintxo of peppers stuffed with Russian salad.
- For the stuffed peppers
- Piquillo peppers – 16-20
- White Tuna in olive oil – 2 tins
- Mayonnaise – one glass
- For the sauce
- Piquillo peppers – 3
- Onion – one, small
- Cream – a small glass
- Olive oil
- Prepare the stuffing and store it in the fridge:
- Mix the tuna, the gherkins and the capers, crushing it all slightly.
- Mix it all with the mayonnaise.
- Prepare the pepper sauce and leave aside while hot:
- Lightly fry the finely chopped onion in the oil.
- Add in the chopped peppers.
- When the onion is sweated, add the cream until it thickens slightly.
- Fill the peppers with the mixture from the first step.
- Pour the hot sauce over them.
Delicious, thanks Isabel!